Sunday, 2 April 2017

Indie vs. Traditional Publishing: blog interview

Sam, over at Spines In A Line, invited me for a blog interview to tell about my experiences as an indie author vs. the switch to working with a publisher and, finally, the balance of doing both:

Image result for writer

"When I first began writing Quest of the Messenger, my epic fantasy trilogy, I had plenty of enthusiasm, a vast imaginary world in my head, a laptop, and not much else, really. I had no knowledge of how the publishing industry works, no idea about current trends in fantasy, and no budget for professional editing, proofreading, cover design, or book promotion.
I was on my own, and I wrote like crazy. I produced a trilogy of nearly half a million words before I even began approaching agents with the first book.
The first few rejections stung, but I was encouraged by those agents who actually took the time to write a personal response (and not just send a pre-composed rejection note). My writing was good enough to grab an agent’s attention, if not get them to actually wish to represent the book. I kept querying and, to make a long story short, after about half a hundred rejections I decided to self-publish."
Read the rest here.

No comments:

Post a Comment